Last updated on December 21st, 2017 at 01:02 pm
When was the last time you watched a video? If you’re like most, it was probably within the last week, possibly even moments ago.
Videos are one of the most popular forms of media that consumers view around the world.
Companies have used video hosting platforms like YouTube to push content to audiences of these platforms. YouTube processes more than 3 billion searches a month, making it the 2nd most popular search engine in the United States in addition to being the biggest video hosting platform with viewers all around the globe. This makes the value of video translation a significant one for companies aiming to connect with a global audience and non-English speakers within the U.S.
Think About SEO when sharing your Video in English or in any other Language
When adding a video to YouTube there are several things that you can do to make your video searchable and easy to find, in other words, to try to make the video rank on YouTube.
- Use keywords related to your video content that have the best number of searches. Use relevant keywords within YouTube and Google.
- Use those selected Keywords in the video name, video title, and tags. Also, include them in the description and in the transcription of the video. Taking those into account will help your video be more relevant.
- In the same way you use SEO techniques to rank on Google, you’ll also need to implement these techniques to help your video rank and be found on YouTube
- When you are working on the translation of a video that is going to be posted in YouTube, think about International SEO and use the appropriate keywords in the target language during the video translation process.
- Use translated subtitles in your videos as a simple way to increase searchability and views of a video.
Use Video Subtitles to Reach Up to 65% of Online Users
The opportunity to increase the size of your potential market through the use of video marketing requires that the videos be well received by a global audience. For this to be possible, the videos must be presented in other languages or include some multilingual feature, like the inclusion of translated subtitles.
- Over 65% of online users speak a language other than English, this is a large audience that content creators can tap into. YouTube has a great feature that allows for the addition of subtitles to increase your potential viewer base. This feature allows for companies to reach international markets by simply adding multilingual subtitles once they are translated. YouTube, is available in 76 languages and have local versions in more than 88 countries.
Translating subtitles to give your Videos a Multilingual reach
You can increase sales for your brand, company, products, and services by introducing your videos to global markets. This can be done through the usage of multilingual features within the file package of your video when uploading it to YouTube.
We recommend the following steps to help present your videos to multilingual markets.
- First, transcribe and timecode your video. [Transcription is the process of taking the audio from your video and converting it to text. Timecoding is a process, in which you add timestamps to note the starts and stops of each sentence in a video, this is necessary when subtitling to ensure the text on screen coincides with the audio as it plays.]
- Send the transcription to a professional translation service to deliver a translated transcript that is both accurate and suited to your target audience. The translation will be handled by professional translators with experience in the subject matter, and are able to incorporate important keywords and relevant vocabulary.
- Ask the translation team to provide you with an SRT or VTT file. (The SRT/VTT file will have the translations timecoded according to the video that is being translated)
- All you have to do now is attach the SRT/VTT file to the video and confirm the time coding.
How to attach your Translated Subtitles to your Video
- Once you enter your channel click on Creator Studio
- Select Video Manager
- Click Videos
- Click on the edit button next to the video that you want to add subtitles to.
- Select Subtitles/CC
- Click Add new subtitles or CC
- Type the language that the subtitles will be in
- Click Upload a File
- Select your SRT file
- Upload the file
- Fine tune the time coding to your liking
- Click Publish
13. Boost sales and market share!
By including translated subtitles in other languages, your video has the capability of being found by a larger audience. Audiences around the world can now share your video and which can, in turn, help grow your brand.
Are you looking to translate audio or subtitling videos to other languages to make them resonate with a global audience? If so, contact us to discuss your needs and see how our video translation options can help you meet your global market goals.