Last updated on May 17th, 2021 at 01:59 pm
We’ve been looking forward to sharing JR Language’s spectacular experience at the IRCE conference in Chicago! We were well represented at the conference by Sergio & Jackie Ruffolo, Simon Mounsdon and our partner at Linguaserve, Mr. Pedro Diez. They were among the over 10,000 attendees present- a record breaking number for the IRCE! The Conference, which just celebrated its 10th Anniversary, is an opportunity to not only network, but most importantly- learn about new developments in E-Commerce technology and how we can use them to reach our clients globally. Here are our three important takeaways from the IRCE :
1) Online video will have a foreseeable impact on E-Retailing
- E-Retailing is about to undergo a tremendous transformation through online video. Consumers watch more than 40 billion online videos a month and spend an average of 20 hours each month watching them (Source:CHANGING,CONNECTING,CREATING:10TH ANNIVERSARY IRCE). This strong preference for online video presents a great opportunity for companies to consider creating fun, informative videos to attract clients. Video technology is becoming easier to use, so be sure to take advantage of the opportunity!
- Speaking of video, you can develop multilingual web videos! You can translate videos so they speak the language of your clients. By creating multilingual subtitles and voiceovers, you will be able to extend your marketing & business reach to website visitors from around the world. Don’t forget your potential clients within your home base who speak a different native language.
2) Online technology will always have a crucial role in E-commerce success
- It’s clear that online technology is a key ingredient for E-retail success. E-retailers who successfully adapt to the constant evolution of technology become leaders in the e-commerce industry. The Conference offered a variety of technology focused sessions dealing with topics that covered data management, developing and using a web analytics framework to gain insight on consumer behavior and website traffic trends, and how to budget wisely for technology implementations without it becoming a hindrance rather than an agent for company growth.
- Speaking of technology- JR Language came to the Conference with 3 new website translation technologies:
1) GBC– Global Business Connector for Multilingual Websites
2) ATLAS– Real Time Multilingual Web Publishing System
3) Proof Editor– Quality Assurance System for Translation with Graphic Context
3) Global E-Commerce, and interest in it- is on the rise
- The star of the IRCE was Global e-commerce. Interest in targeting the European, Chinese and Latin American markets was palpable throughout the event. This came as no surprise to us as a company that delivers translation and localization services daily to companies looking for a global reach in their marketing and sales campaigns. A presentation about Global e-commerce revealed some important data:
- Less than 50% of European clients are willing to purchase online in another EU language.
- Online shoppers mainly ‘stay home’, meaning that they feel more comfortable purchasing in their native language. The percentage of e-retail sales that are from across the border are as follows:
- The leaders of e-commerce each have localized websites in over 10 countries. Amazon has localized sites in 13 countries, Walmart.com in 10, Tesco has localized e-commerce sites in 12, and eBay in 25 countries- including 18 in Latin America.
On the topic of going global, our services are a perfect fit to the growing Global e-commerce push. We can help you speak the language of your clients through your web content, and make your product go global!
It was a privilege to be a part of the IRCE. We are grateful for the support shown to us by the IRCE staff, who made sure our experience went smoothly and without hassle. Our calendars are set for the next IRCE in 2015!